Good Morning! I’m sitting here drinking a glass of Tazo Organic Chai tea enjoying a nice foggy morning.
Wow, I can’t believe 2 months have flown by since the last time I shared a recipe. I didn’t intentionally take a break from blogging until about September when I realized how nice it was not to blog. In September I started to talk about how I wasn’t blogging anymore. I’ve gone over in my head so many times about if I should 100% quit blogging or just share recipes that I truly love and continue to make.
I’m not sure what it says about me, but once I start making a recipe over and over, I really like looking at the recipe on my own blog, rather than going to the original. I usually make little changes and it’s easier to visit my own page rather than hunting down the other blog. I’m not making any promises here to get back to a regular blogging schedule, but if I happen to love a recipe, and I’m able to capture some photos, then I will try to share.
Lets get down to business, shall we? This paleo granola is deee-licious! I love how simple the ingredients are and it is so simple to make. I made it all summer long! David and I can eat this plain by the handful or David really loves eating it with some plain greek yogurt. I love eating it with yogurt too but I’m pretty sure I have a sensitivity to dairy.
It’s really simple to throw all the ingredients into one bowl while the oven is preheating. Then stir it all together for a few minutes while it all comes together. I’ve made this with a few substitutions because let me tell you, finding dried cherries without added sugar is not easy! Though, I’ll let you in on a secret, you can find them at Trader Joe’s! Yay!
Once it comes together in the bowl, you spread it out onto a greased baking dish, and let it bake for about 15 minutes or until golden. Oh my gosh, it smells so good while it’s baking! I can’t even described the smell. Let it cool down for an additional 15 minutes or longer, and break it up with a fork.
We store ours in a couple mason jars and snack on it all week long. David and I are finishing up our second round of Whole30 and we can’t wait to get back to eating our beloved granola. Though, I have to admit, I can’t wait to make a pumpkin spice granola (non paleo) that my friend, Sarah made over at Making Thyme For Health. I’m contemplating writing a post on how our second Whole30 went. We finish up this Whole30 on Tuesday night, so we’ll see after that! Thanks for checking back up on this little blog of mine.
- 1 cup unsalted sunflower seeds or pepitas
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup unsalted walnut pieces
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dried cherries or cranberries, chopped
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- coconut oil to grease the baking dish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease your 9"x13" baking dish with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl; mix together sunflower seeds, coconut flakes, walnuts, dried cherries, almond butter, honey, and coconut flour until it is sticky and all comes together.
- Press into the bottom of the baking dish. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let sit for a least 15 minutes before using a fork to crumble it. Store in an airtight container.