I made this dip last Saturday before David’s aunts and uncle came over to visit. Rather than having a housewarming party, we’ve individually had different friends and family members over. It’s been fun to spend time with each of them on a more one on one basis. Plus, I was listening to a podcast recently where the host was complaining about big parties and how you never really get to actually talk to the host. I had to agree, sometimes I don’t like bigger parties because I have to mingle with people I barely know. Am I just the only unsocial one out there?
When having people over I like to try to include one appetizer that includes fresh vegetables. I also made my roasted tomatillo salsa and chips which I tend to make over and over again. It’s just so good and easy! This was a nice change from chips and salsa. Plus, aren’t fresh veggies so beautiful?
Please forgive me for my ridiculous placement of the fresh basil and flat leaf parsley. When I was going through these photos the placement was killing me. It reminds me of a Greek god or something. Do you see it? I’ve never been very good at plating. haha.
Besides the ridiculous herb placement this dip is crazy delicious. It’s SO tasty. I love the creaminess the cream cheese provides and the tang from the feta, lemon, and red wine vinegar. Of course I loved the mild spice from the jalapeno and the addition of fresh basil and parsley from my garden. After our small get together this dip was completely gone. I think that’s a sign of a good dish.
Give this appetizer a try next time you need to bring something to a potluck, backyard bbq, or are hosting a get together. Your guests won’t be disappointed.
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz feta cheese
- 1 large or 2 small garlic cloves
- 1 small shallot, roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In the bowl of a food processor; combine cream cheese, feta cheese, garlic, shallot, and jalapeño. Pulse until garlic, shallot, & jalapeño are chopped finely. Add basil, flat leaf parsley, lemon juice, honey, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper and combine. While processor is on stream in olive oil until you reach desired consistency. Serve in a bowl with lots of fresh veggies or pretzel chips.