A List of Dislikes {Limited to 20}

by Kelli H. on January 7, 2015

RyderWindowI’ve Seen Better Days…

Remember last year when I shared the post, List of Loves {Limited to 20}? That was obviously a happier post. Sometimes what I can’t stand about blogging/blogs is that I feel like I can’t share the bad. Like, blog life only has room for happy, pretty, and success. Well, sometimes life gives you lemons and you don’t feel up to making lemonade. Sometimes you feel like stewing in your own misery, crawling into a ball, and covering yourself with a blanket. Or sometimes you feel like writing, which is what blogging is, so writing is what I’ll do.

I know I have a very blessed life. I’m happily married to my best friend, we have an amazing yellow lab, and we’re in the process of buying a new, bigger house so that David will be closer to his job, and we’ll be able to start a family (someday). We also have lots of friends and supportive family members. Don’t let this post make you think that I’m complaining about any of the above because I’m not.

Sometimes though, I’m not a smiling happy person. Sometimes, I’m not happy even though I feel like I should be. When those times happen I blame my hormones. What else is there to blame?

To make myself feel better I thought I’d write a list of dislikes (& eat a piece of dark chocolate). I once heard/read the best way to connect with someone is to agree on things you don’t like. Let’s see if we share any of the same dislikes.

A List of Dislikes {Limited to 20}

1. Mealy Apples

2. Bad neighbors/loud neighbors

3. People who don’t use their blinkers while driving

4. Traffic for no reason

5. When I don’t get a response to a text or e-mail

6. My period

7. When electronics stop working

8. Losing a house you put an offer on

9. Headaches

10. Adam Levine’s voice

11. How Taylor Swift changed genres from country to pop

12. Horror movies

13. Video games

14. Property taxes, income taxes, sales tax, so many taxes…

15. Bad hair days which happen a lot in the winter

16. My cold feet every night

17. When people call work and are immediately rude

18. Lawyers who think they own the world

19. When my house is dirty

20. Going to the dentist without insurance

Can we agree on any of these dislikes? Let me know something that you dislike or pick one of mine and tell me you feel the same way. Let’s connect on our dislike for something. Or maybe you’ll think I’m insane for posting something so negative on my little online journal. =/ Here’s to hoping I wake up on the right side of the bed tomorrow!

Janet January 7, 2015 at 10:05 am

I agree with you on stuck in traffic and taxes, ugh!

David W. January 7, 2015 at 10:25 am

Love how honest this post is. Everyone has down days, even if they only show the up days. The downs are what make the ups feel like ups. ๐Ÿ™‚ p.s. I dislike your cold feet every night too, they chill me to the bone when you touch me with them! lol. ๐Ÿ˜›

Theresa January 7, 2015 at 10:25 am

OH man, I agree with basically all of these! Especially #1 – #4 and #11!! This is a fun post, I may copy you! (that is if I ever find time to blog again)… Happy New Year ๐Ÿ™‚

Kelli H. January 7, 2015 at 11:11 am

I hope you find time for blogging soon! I miss your posts.

Jane January 7, 2015 at 10:59 am

Okay, laughing out loud to the Adam Levine voice dislike. It can be realllly annoying, as can traffic for no reason. Now that makes me mad!

Sending you good juju for your house hunt! We are going to be starting that up sooner rather than later and I already have a headache thinking about it! Does this mean you will be closer to SF?!

Kelli H. January 7, 2015 at 11:10 am

We’re looking to buy in Petaluma, so yes, a little closer!

Becky @ Olives n Wine January 7, 2015 at 12:45 pm

Oh my gosh, I love this! I was just listing off pet peeves in my head the other night. Not responding to email, text or a Facebook message is my BIGGEST PEEVE EVER! I can see (at least with a text and Facebook) that you’ve read it so you’re intentionally ignoring me and that’s freakin’ rude. At least say, let me think about it or I’m busy or I’ll get back to you later. SERIOUSLY. #endrant

Kelli H. January 7, 2015 at 1:15 pm

I agree! Just respond with “let me check” or something, just say SOMETHING. haha. Glad I’m not alone on that one!

Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health January 8, 2015 at 8:19 am

First of all, I love the new look! It’s so clean and pretty!!

Second, this post was hilarious. Taxes and traffic are the two things about California that I loathe. I like #11 too. Good point! Haha

Hillary | Nutrition Nut on the Run January 8, 2015 at 8:56 am

your new blog design is fab!! who is the designer?

Kelli H. January 8, 2015 at 9:01 am

Thanks, Hillary. Maren of hungrywisewife.com did it all. She did the design and moved my whole blog over to Wordpress! She was so affordable, too.