Running Thoughts

by Kelli H. on March 30, 2014

Fall 2013

1. Running on Sunday morning means smelling lots of breakfasts. Mostly bacon and country potatoes.

2. Drivers who stop after the crosswalk line are assholes.
3. After 3 miles my right hip starts to kill me. Anyone have suggestions to help this not happen?
4. I love running to Spotify’s Dirth Road Anthem country playlist.
5. I started running with music FINALLY and now I don’t know how I ever ran without music.
6. Ryder is the best running partner. I’ll be sad to run my 10k without him.
7. I’ll also be happy to see what my actual time is without stopping 3 times for him to pee and 1 time for a poop.
8. I love running past other runners. It gives me more energy and pushes me to keep going.
9. I like setting goals during my runs, like run to that crosswalk or a specific tree or road sign.
10. I wish I would have started running earlier in my life but I’m happy I am now.
11. It’s still hard for me to push myself to “train” for my 10k even though I never regret going for my run.
12. Running behind a smoker is absolutely disgusting.
13.  Never take for granted the ability to run.

Brittany March 30, 2014 at 11:29 pm

Oh I love this! Nearing the end of pregnancy has me reallllly itching to get back to tough exercise. I know it will still be a while as I adjust to life, but seeing that great pic of you and Ryder makes me miss feeling the burn and challenge that running brings. Good for you for getting out there!!

Made in Sonoma March 31, 2014 at 4:30 pm

Thanks, Brittany. You’ll get back out there as soon as your ready. 🙂 Imagine pushing a stroller with your two little girls & Koda! Now that’d be one helluva a workout!

Natalie March 31, 2014 at 1:25 am

omg i hate running during breakfast when bacon smells are everywhere!! 🙂

Sarah Cook April 2, 2014 at 3:27 am

Smoke and/or car exhaust is my biggest pet peeve about running outside! If I had some nice trails by me I would love to trail run instead.

Made in Sonoma April 2, 2014 at 1:55 pm

I love trail running. The trails I’ve gone on have tons of rocks for the first mile though which is tricky!

meghan April 3, 2014 at 12:11 am

Great post, especially the last one! I am excited that it is finally above freezing here and I feel like running again. Try foam rolling and pigeon pose for that hip!

Made in Sonoma April 3, 2014 at 3:10 pm

I love pigeon! I usually always do it after my long rungs, but I really should get a foam roller.