1. Recently I asked David which he’d rather give up: Coffee or Alcohol? He chose coffee and I was shocked. I really think I’d give up alcohol before coffee. Either way it’s a decision I hope I never have to make.
2. My mom and I have started tasting tons of ginger beers. We’ve been trying to find our favorite one. So far, we really enjoy Ginger People’s, then Fever Tree, and Cock & Bull, though we are no where near finished tasting more.
3. David & I don’t celebrate Valentine’s Day, but I did ask him to not come home without ice cream in hand for me on V-day. Luckily, he came home with 2 pints of Ben & Jerry’s (it only lasted 3 nights — probably a good thing!) and a bottle of Maker’s Mark for himself.
4. On President’s Day I decided to run from our house to Spring Lake, around Spring Lake, and back. Luckily I ran into David about 1 mile from our house and he drove me and Ryder home. At that point I’d gone 8.22 miles and every step was killing me. I’m pretty sure I willed David to be where he was at that moment because it couldn’t have worked out any better. I then couldn’t walk normal for two days.
5. I went to SF a few weeks ago to meet up with my friend Ali for lunch. We went to the Boxing Room. I had an Almanac IPA (so good!) and we both ordered shrimp po boys. Then we got coffee. I ordered a latte from Ritual and bought beans. We continued walking around and then she ordered a New Oreleans iced coffee from Blue Bottle. Both were fantastic.
6. The day I drove to SF we were having a major rain storm in Sonoma County. I was SO happy because it is SO needed, but it made for some of the scariest driving conditions I’ve been in in a long time. Talk about hydro-plaining and extreme wind on the Golden Gate Bridge — ahhh!
7. Speaking of rain. I wish it would rain and storm more. I am sick of not having seasons in Northern California. Bring on the rain!
8. I can’t wait for David to graduate on May 10th. I think about it all the time.
9. I want to go to Nashville, TN & also a tropical place. I feel like I haven’t been to the tropics in ages, but it’s been less than a year…I need to stop dreaming!
10. Sometimes I miss wedding planning and our wedding. I never thought I’d be one of those girls who misses wedding planning but I do! It’s weird…I don’t like it. I’m really excited to go to a wedding this year. I only have one on the books but I can’t wait!
11. I created a 90’s alternative rock playlist on Rdio and I kind of think it’s amazing. I’ve been listening to it a lot. Speaking of 90’s music, have you seen John Rzeznik (singer of Goo Goo Dolls) lately? Talk about bad cosmetic surgery. Please, men, do not ever get plastic surgery! It’s bad enough on women.
12. Is it May yet? Refer to #8.