1. Last Wednesday David and I drove up to Truckee for a 5 day cabin trip with my family. What is normally a 3.5 hour drive, took us 6 hours. All because of snow, but damn, it’s worth it! Nothing is more beautiful than the trees covered in fresh powder.
2. David and I decided to go to Truckee on Wednesday and be up there a day before everyone else got there. On Wednesday night we went to Fifty-Fifty Brewing. That place has probably the worst service of any brewery I’ve been to, but their pizza is really good! David ordered a new IPA, and I decided against beer. I’ve had 10 tasters of their beers, and I’m not really a fan of any of them, so I decided to try something I’ve been wanting to taste for a long time. A Moscow Mule and I was so happy with it! It was only 25 cents more than their beers, and it was delicious. I’ll definitely be ordering more in the future.
3. The trip was mostly relaxing. Walks down to the “lake” to play with the pups. Ryder is the ultimate snow dog. He lovesss it! David and I couldn’t decide if he likes snow or water more. We also went sledding, cross country skiing, lots of cooking, perhaps lots of drinking, lots of games (Cards Against Humanity, What?, Things, & Bananagrams).
4. On Thursday night we all went to a Mexican restaurant in town. It was the only night we all ate out as a family, and it was terrrrrible! I definitely do not recommend this restaurant. Service was great, but the food was not good. I’d go on record to say this was the worst margarita I’ve ever had. If your an alcoholic you might like it, considering it was pure tequila.
5. Mom and I went cross country skiing three times and loved it. We’re both hooked. Saturday we did about 1.5 hours, Sunday 2 hours, and Monday almost 2 hours. It’s such a great workout, and you can cover so much ground.
6. On Sunday and Monday Ryder came with us while we skied. He ran the entire time up and down the trails. He’d run into the powder and “swim” through it. It was so funny to see him have such a great time. He’d come home and pass out. So freaking cute.
7. Although beer is rather cold, it sure is nice to have a beer in the snow after all that skiing. Definitely can’t get better than that…
8. No other pancake is better than your typical buttermilk pancakes. I want more…
9. I read both Dina Silver’s books in the last 2 weeks and love them. I used to be a huge chick lit reader, but had kind of given it a break over the last couple years. Both these books were quick reads with great stories. I read One Pink Line first and was instantly hooked. I needed more Dina and was happy to find Kat Fight next. Definitely recommend both books for anyone looking for some light reading.