Fast Chicken Enchiladas

by Kelli H. on November 30, 2012

On Wednesday nights after work I go over to my parents house for dinner. I usually cook for them, but they buy the ingredients. It works out perfectly since David’s been in class on Wednesday nights since August, and it sure as heck beats eating alone. It’s been really nice. My brother also comes over and it’s a nice family dinner. Sometimes it comes down to Wednesday afternoon and my mom and I are still unsure of what we’re going to have. A few weeks ago after work, we went over to Whole Foods and bought ingredients for chicken enchiladas. I’m so used to having vegetarian enchiladas that these chicken enchiladas were a nice change.

About a week later I was still thinking about how tasty they were, and I felt bad that David had missed out on them, so I made them again. David raved about them and even claimed them as the best enchiladas ever! They’re pretty big so one enchilada plus salad is more than enough for a serving, which is great because then there are plenty of leftovers. MMM…leftovers for lunch are my favorite!

I hope you make these chicken enchiladas soon because they are SO fast to make and ridiculously easy. Plus, they just taste amazing! David and I are pretty much Mexican food addicts so this will definitely be a repeat in our household for years to come.

Fast Chicken Enchiladas

1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
3 green onions, chopped
1 (4 oz) can chopped green chiles
8 flour tortillas
1 (28 oz) can enchilada sauce
8 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
cilantro, garnish
sour cream, garnish

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Place a small amount of chicken, green onion, and chilies inside a tortilla and roll up. Place into a 9″x13″ baking dish seam side down. Repeat steps for all 8 tortillas. Pour enchilada sauce all over tortillas, and top with cheddar cheese. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.

Michelle O November 30, 2012 at 3:28 pm

Um … I am going to make this this weekend. YUM! My mouth is watering. That’s so nice that you can have dinner with your folks and brother. I wish my family was closer so I could do that too. Nick’s leaving town for work this weekend for 2 whole weeks. I might have enchiladas no my own every night!

elizabeth @ chronic venture November 30, 2012 at 3:46 pm

chicken enchiladas are one of my absolute favorite foods!! i always spend forever making them somehow, I will need to make these quick ones soon. yum!!

Becky @ Olives n Wine November 30, 2012 at 4:25 pm

I am also a Mexican food lover! These look delicious and the leftovers would be amazing 🙂

Stacie @ Snaps and Bits December 1, 2012 at 7:54 pm

Looks good! I’ll have to start making them since I can’t get decent Mexican food in NJ (WAAHHH, I miss CA!).

Laura December 3, 2012 at 11:33 pm

My favorite way to make chicken enchiladas when I work all day? Put 3-4 chicken breasts in a crockpot (frozen or fresh), cover with 1 large can enchilada sauce and chiles, and cook on low all day! When I get home from work they shred easily and make a delicious filling for enchiladas (and a LOT of leftovers!)

Made in Sonoma December 4, 2012 at 3:04 am

Sounds good! Just need to get myself a crockpot. 🙂

Nanny December 6, 2012 at 8:37 pm

Your chicken enchiladas look so good and easy I’ll have to try them, I love the pictures of the dogs and you on that bike!

Curt Purcell December 11, 2012 at 6:47 pm

Fantastic recipe, and as fast/easy as promised! I threw in some seasoned beans and jalapenos with the chicken and chiles. Can’t wait for leftovers, and will def make again!

Made in Sonoma December 11, 2012 at 9:15 pm

Glad you made them! Definitely easy to adapt the recipe to your own needs. Your additions sound delicious.