Creamy Red Sauce and Kale Pasta

by Kelli H. on June 4, 2012

Some Truths:

My neck is burning

My ears are burning

I’m sun burnt in random places.

I attended a beerfest over the weekend and enjoyed great beer, food, friends, and family.

I went on a 10 mile hike here with my friend, Michelle.

We saw a wild goat on our hike. He was kind of cute. Michelle thought he was a cow at first.

I thought he was a mountain lion.

We saw 2 snakes.

A butterfly attacked me. I’m scared of butterflies.

I’m really tired

I ate pizza for dinner and loved every bite.

I’m reading the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy and I’m hooked. I also want to just be done with them.

I’m turning twenty-five this week.

I’ve felt twenty-five for a while.

I found this recipe online, but I’m not sure how.

This pasta is amazing.

Seriously.

Who would have ever thought to make pasta sauce creamy by adding tofu?

I love this pasta.

David loved this pasta.

My mom tried the leftovers and liked this pasta, too.

You should try it.

It’s EASY and healthy.

I’ve been feeling a little tired of blogging lately, and will most likely be posting less.

I’ll probably start to miss blogging, and then start posting normally in a week or two.

Creamy Red Sauce and Kale Pasta
Recipe from edible perspective

1 pound pasta
1 14 oz block extra firm tofu, drained
1 bundle of kale, washed and torn
24 oz jar marinara sauce
3 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
2-3 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon olive oil
salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste
parmesan cheese to garnish

1. In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta to package directions.
2. In a blender; blend tofu, marinara sauce, garlic, nutritional yeast, and oregano.
3. In a sauce pan; heat 1 teaspoon olive oil, and saute kale for 2-4 minutes. Pour sauce over kale and let simmer until kale is completely wilted. Season sauce with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add sauce to the cooked pasta and top with parmesan cheese.

** I used Whole Foods Roasted Red Pepper red sauce. This is one of my favorite prepared sauces and definitely recommend it for this dish.

** You could totally get away making this and not having anyone know there is tofu in it.

Maren June 4, 2012 at 4:51 am

Aww sunburns are awful! That pasta looks wonderful though. I bet it made that burn feel a tiny bit better.

Inside a British Mum's Kitchen June 4, 2012 at 10:51 pm

You sound one busy woman! I’m surprised you found you could do anything else while reading that Trilogy! The pasta looks amazing – who knew tofu is delicious in pasta – got to try it
Mary x

Natalie @ Once Upon a Cutting Board June 5, 2012 at 1:46 am

I love how indulgent this pasta looks but how healthy it secretly is! Hope your sunburn heals quickly!

Jane June 5, 2012 at 3:40 am

Sunburns are the worst! But that pasta looks like its the best. Maybe that would make me appreciate tofu.

Made in Sonoma June 5, 2012 at 3:54 am

Definitely give it a try! You really can’t even taste it.

Heather @ Fit Mama Real Food June 5, 2012 at 8:17 am

I totally love that this has tofu in it! Extra protein umph.

Megan Pence June 5, 2012 at 5:06 pm

Wow – this does sound really good. I’ve never been a tofu fan, but if it’s pulverized itno nothing ness and made into sauce I think it might be right up my alley.

Sonia the Mexigarian June 5, 2012 at 6:05 pm

Sunburns are my enemy. My back is red from Saturdays escapade : The recipe looks so simple and sounds so easy. I have everything but the kale in the cupboards and fridge. I definetly want to give thisd a whirl.

amy @ fearless homemaker June 5, 2012 at 8:31 pm

this sounds absolutely delicious! i’ve never tried using tofu in a sauce but i’ve seen it on lots of blogs + it looks like a fabulous idea. must try this soon!

cragsandveggies June 5, 2012 at 11:49 pm

Fabulous girl! I can’t wait to try it!

Baking Serendipity June 6, 2012 at 1:27 am

I turn 27 in a few months and I already feel 27! Love the simple inclusion of kale in this pasta :) And hope your sunburn subsides soon!

Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers June 6, 2012 at 11:42 am

Wow, 10 miles is a long way to hike! Sorry about the sunburns. :) The pasta looks fab! mmmmm

Annie June 6, 2012 at 8:54 pm

I love any uses for kale!! Looks delicious!

fuelmyfamily June 9, 2012 at 1:08 am

I just bookmarked this since i just got a coupon for tofu today!Hope your sunburn heals soon, its the worst! So painful!

Jenn (eating bender) June 9, 2012 at 3:36 pm

Ouch! I hate sunburns. Hope you’re healing up quickly!

I had to laugh at your Fifty Shades of Grey comment. I was hooked but also just wanted to be done, and I finally finished yesterday!

This recipe looks incredible. The roasted red pepper sauce sounds amazing and I will definitely have to look for it next time we’re at Whole Foods!

Anonymous February 2, 2013 at 2:07 am

Wow that was unusual. I just wrote an really long comment but after
I clicked submit my comment didn’t show up. Grrrr… well I’m not writing all that over
again. Anyway, just wanted to say great blog!
My web-sitegame.georgebrown.ca

Anonymous February 5, 2013 at 1:05 am

Hello there! This post could not be written any better!
Reading through this post reminds me of my old room mate!
He always kept chatting about this. I will forward this
page to him. Fairly certain he will have a good read.
Thank you for sharing!
My site: quit smoking effects

Anonymous April 18, 2013 at 7:15 pm

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.