1. Last Saturday, I met up with fellow bloggers, Jane & Maren. We had an awesome lunch at Tacolicious! I can’t wait to get back to that place.
We also shared a pitcher of some sparkling white sangria with grapefruit that was quite tasty, but I didn’t manage to snap a photo of that. I actually was pretty bad at snapping any photos. Cool thing about meeting bloggers is that they don’t think your’re crazy when you take out a camera to snap your meal. Maren & Jane are both awesome, and I’m so glad I got to meet them in person!
2. Onto Mother’s Day….I made my mom a pie, and brought it over to my Nanny’s for a family BBQ. We had some awesome bbq’d chicken, salad, and garlic bread. One of my favorite meals. Before dinner, we did a fun beer tasting, as always. Here’s two, I managed to take pics of.
Super deliciously smooth Double IPA
A very hoppy strong beer from Laguintas. Brew Review coming next week.
On top of those two, I also tasted a couple other new ones to me, like St. Peter’s IPA (an English beer), which I was by no means a fan of, and Sierra Nevada’s Southern Hemisphere, which I liked more than I expected to.
3. Recently my family had to put our family dog, Liberty down. She was diagnosed with osteosarcoma cancer back in about the beginning of April. It’s usually too late to do anything once their diagnosed. We tried making Libs as comfortable as possible for her last month. We’re happy she got to live to be 11 and spend the last 4 years with our family. We adopted Libs after I found her on the Marin Humane Society’s website about less than a month after our other doberman mix, Bearin passed. We wanted Lexi to have a friend, and Liberty seemed to be a perfect match.
She was really a beautiful dog!
& quite the bad ass!
Most importantly, she was Lexi’s sis for the last 4 years, and we’re all going to miss her crazy antics. She always had her head in a gopher hole. Even after she started going blind, she loved nothing more than running out to the far end of my parents property and looking for gophers.
In honor of Liberty, give your dog an extra kiss and hug today!
4. I made this dinner last night and all I can say is WOW!
I kind of wanted to do my own post on it, but it’s a little more involved than my usual recipes, plus, my pictures didn’t come out as nice as I’d hoped. So here
is the link to this delicious dinner! You should definitely try it because it’s some of the best Asian food I’ve ever had!
5. I’m doing yoga today after taking a month off. To be honest, it’s been more than a month… I’m kind of scared, but I’m also excited!