Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins

by Kelli H. on May 4, 2012

Best enjoyed outside with a puppy boy in his new pool.

Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
Adapted from Betty Crocker

1 1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
2 large eggs
3 medium bananas
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 (12 oz) bag chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 2 muffin tins with liners.
2. In a bowl of an electric mixer, beat sugar and butter until combined. Beat in eggs one at a time. Stir in bananas, buttermilk, and vanilla. Stir in dry ingredients and chocolate chips.
3. Fill muffin liners about half full. I use an ice cream scoop to keep them uniform. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Check on them around 20 minutes by sticking a tooth pick in and seeing if it comes out clean. Remove from oven, and let cool for about 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack.

Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers May 4, 2012 at 6:03 pm

Chocolate + Banana = Comfort Food

Baking Serendipity May 5, 2012 at 3:38 am

This is my favorite muffin recipe! Yours look delicious 🙂

Maren May 5, 2012 at 6:03 pm

First, your pictures are so pretty!

Second, the muffins look so tasty!

Third, the picture of your dog made me laugh out loud. He needs a bigger kitty pool…

deboden May 6, 2012 at 11:05 am

These look so delicious! 🙂 I’ll have to make some with a few of my old bananas 🙂

Fitness eBooks May 6, 2012 at 5:23 pm

Hello my friend! I wish to say that this article is amazing, nice written and include almost all important infos. I would like to see more posts like this .

Jacquelyn Grandy May 7, 2012 at 3:04 am

Hi Kelli! You live in one of my favorite towns in Marin. I love the ease and beauty of Sonoma. It’s one of the towns that I my hubby and I talk about moving to when the kids head off to college.

I also love your cute captions on the photos and the fact that you put chocolate chips in your banana muffins as what is a muffin or cookie without chocolate chips!

Annie @ Naturally Sweet Recipes May 7, 2012 at 4:17 pm

Those look delicious! A little pool is brilliant for a dog! I need to get one. Your puppy is such a good looking dog. 🙂

Nutrition Ebooks May 14, 2012 at 7:40 am

themexigarian May 16, 2012 at 9:13 pm

Serendipitous. I have bananas waiting to be made into muffins (I have been craving banana muffins for a while now). And I am too lazy to hunt down my cookbooks still in the boxes from the move. Lol. Love the pic of Ryder in the pol. Whe did you get the little pool? I want to get one for lando so he can cool down on hot days down here.

Made in Sonoma May 16, 2012 at 9:15 pm

I got it at our local hardware store for $12.99. I’ve seen them at Toys-r-us and someone told me they have them at Walmart, too.

mandalahi November 8, 2012 at 9:43 am

I so wanted to try it, it looks delicious and tasty, yummy

Carole from Carole's Chatter April 9, 2015 at 1:04 pm

Fab dish, it’s on my shortlist for a feature. Cheers