Random Thoughts Thursday

by Kelli H. on March 21, 2012

1. Last weekend David’s high school buddy, Mike, came to town with his wife and adorable son, Carson. They were in town for a family birthday party, but Mike had promised David the next time he was in town he would attempt the No Manches Burrito at our neighborhood taqueria. Well, Mike gave it all he could, but he did not finish. No mas para Mike. His pregnant wife, Steph, said she thought she could definitely do it.

2. On St. Patrick’s Day, David, Ryder, & I headed up to my parents for our annual corned beef and cabbage dinner. My Aunt Shellie & Uncle Mark were also there. We had a fun beer tasting. Unfortunately, I didn’t really care for any of the above brews.

3. In honor of St. Patrick’s Day, I was in the mood to make something festive. After seeing Jenna’s Ceamy Lime Squares post, I knew I’d be making them. My mom brought me 6 limes from her tree that morning, and off I went, baking up a storm in the kitchen. These were goooood. Like…better than lemon bars…maybe.

4. I tried Bikram yoga with my friend, Laura, last Sunday morning. All I can think of is WOW. That was without a doubt the hardest workout of my life! I bought a 5 pass so I have to go back 4 more times in the next month. I’m trying to recruit people. I was so sore the next day. I felt like I had went backpacking. It was really a unique experience. I can honestly say, I don’t think there is anything else like bikram.

5. Later that day, after bikram, David & I enjoyed some froyo. I was totally craving it. My cup with; cookies & cream (the best!), peanut butter, chopped almonds, and reese’s peanut butter cups. Heaven.

Carolina @ Peas in a Blog March 22, 2012 at 1:07 pm

I am addicted to froyo, it’s a little ridiculous. I too crave it often, my fave flavor is cheesecake — yum!

Sonia the Mexigarian March 22, 2012 at 4:08 pm

I have a Bikram pass expiring soon that I have to use. I have done it once before and luved it, but the classes are so expensive πŸ™ And now I want a lime square.

Made in Sonoma March 22, 2012 at 11:42 pm

They are expensive! Not sure how I’m going to do it once my 4 other classes are used up.

Jane March 22, 2012 at 10:16 pm

WHERE DO YOU GET THAT BURRITO? Holy guacamole that things is LARGE! Also, now I am plotting how I can go to the froyo place before work. This isn’t good…

Made in Sonoma March 22, 2012 at 11:41 pm

From Los Tres Chiles by mi casa! πŸ™‚
I am always plotting how to get froyo…haha.

Annie @ Naturally Sweet Recipes March 23, 2012 at 1:37 am

Oh fun! Sounds like a great a week. Those lime bars look incredible. Better than lemon bars??? I need to try them then!

Baking Serendipity March 23, 2012 at 3:14 am

Holy moly burrito! That thing is giant. I’ll take the froyo instead πŸ™‚

A. Shellie March 25, 2012 at 1:47 am

I love lemon bars but those were the BEST lime bars ever!!! I was soooo mad i forgot mine at your moms. I have been craving them ever since.

I can’t believe the size of that burrito…haha

Natalie @ Once Upon a Cutting Board March 28, 2012 at 2:45 pm

1. That burrito looks huge!! I’m glad he didn’t eat the whole thing!
3. Those lime squares look so festive, what a great idea for St. Patrick’s Day!
5. Peanut butter, cookies and cream, AND peanut butter cups – that looks to die for!