Random Thoughts Thursday

by Kelli H. on January 12, 2012

1. i started the Hunger Games per David’s request. Funny thing is, I recommended the Hunger Games to David, but I hadn’t read them myself. Now he’s dying for me to read them so we can discuss them. Oh, and go see the movie together when it comes out.

2. my feet are ALWAYS cold in the winter. I’m talkin’ icebergs! I worry that when I’m old I will have these scary black and blue frozen feet. What can I do to help my circulation?!

3. do you ever come across a blog, and you’re surprised by how many people are following it?

4. do you ever come across a blog, and you’re surprised by how hardly any one is following it?

5. I bought flavored sparkling water at WF’s last weekend. I thought it might be good for when I’m feeling like something besides water. Usually the only other beverage we have in the house is beer, but I don’t really drink during the week. I’m really loving this stuff right now.

6. Have you seen Our Idiot Brother? I hadn’t even heard about it until I was browsing what to watch on the plane ride home from Kauai. It was pretty funny!

7. Puppy boy will be 8 months tomorrow. They grow up so fast! Seriously, they do…

8. For Christmas I got a Kindle Fire. I love that device. I’m having so much fun with it. It’s nice for me because I don’t have anymore room to store books. When you live in a small place, storing books is not easy.

9. That picture of Mad Men on the Kindle reminds me, does anyone watch Mad Men? I recently started watching it with David. Am I the only person that think all the men in that show are pigs?! Maybe I’m not far enough (Season 2) but I’m not sure what is great about this show. It’s kind of depressing.

Katie January 12, 2012 at 4:41 pm

Aww, puppy! Your dog is the same age as my daugther. 🙂

Kelli H (Made in Sonoma) January 12, 2012 at 4:49 pm

haha, I actually thought about that yesterday.

Maren January 12, 2012 at 5:34 pm

I’ve never watched Mad Men. But I think I’m missing out!

Kim @ Eat, Live, and Blog January 12, 2012 at 7:29 pm

I don’t own a kindle fire but I love it! It’s so nice. I borrowed from my friend to play with it and I loved it. 🙂

my little celebration January 12, 2012 at 11:15 pm

You are so cute! I love your list. We were both in the listy mood today, eh?

I totally agree with 3 and 4! Totally!
Your puppy is so CUTE! I want to pinch his puppy cheeks.
I want to watch that idiot brother movie now. I love paul rudd. he is, hilarious.
The Hunger Games WAS amazing. I’m so glad I read it and I can BARELY wait for the movie to come out. So exciting!

Happy day, friend!

Kelli H (Made in Sonoma) January 13, 2012 at 12:18 am

Thanks, Dana! I’m excited to continue reading more Hunger Games!

Jane January 13, 2012 at 1:25 am

The Hunger Games are so good! I loved them! Cannot wait to see the movies!

Anna @ Food Fitness Frolicking January 13, 2012 at 3:43 am

Let’s see..yes I’ve heard of Hunger Games (actually my next door neighbor is the boy in the movie!) but I haven’t got around to reading it, but I may now 🙂 Second, my feet are freeeezing in the winter too! The only thing that works is giant fuzzy socks and obnoxious uggs, hehe. Third, I love sparkling water too! But even better, I’m hooked on the mini izzi drinks from costco! They’re just the right portion and delicious! Oh and your puppy is adorable!

Made in Sonoma January 13, 2012 at 2:31 pm

I can’t believe your neighbor is in the movie. That is awesome!