Random Thoughts Thursday

by Kelli H. on January 19, 2012

1. My smoothie brings all the boys to the yard, And there like, Its better than yours, Damn right its better than yours,  I can teach you, But I have to charge.

Yes, that is my first random thought. I am in looovvveee with my green smoothies! So much smoothie talk on the blogsphere. Can’t stop. Won’t stop.

2. Last weekend David & I brewed. It was lots of fun, but also lots of work! It’s called Ryder’s Rye IPA. It’s named after none other than little man.  In honor of Ryder, we used the spent grains and made Ryder some dog treats. Pretty exciting, right? We live on the wild side.

3. We also feasted on our favorite burrito. For $9.99 we get a Carnitas Grande Burrito with Green Sauce. They also give you chicken tortilla soup AND chips and salsa! All this food feeds both of us. Pretty darn good deal! Look at the size of my half burrito! If you share it’s not as bad for you…

4. Have you read Katie’s 12 Blogger Bad Habits? I think they are pretty hilarious. I also had fun reading the comments. I will try not to do any of the 12 habits, but I can’t make any promises.
5. I realize I post a picture of Ryder every week, but I’m not going to stop. I believe my Nanny reads my blog (right, Nanny…?), and I like to show her weekly updates on how big he is getting. Well, I also just like to post a picture of my little man.
6. I wanted to do a collage of Ryder. I took about 75 pictures of him last weekend, but I decided I wouldn’t be that annoying mom, this week…
7. I finished The Hunger Games, and am now reading Catching Fire — duh. I can’t wait to see the movie! YEEE! I haven’t been this excited for a movie since HP7! I thought I’d never be that excited for a movie  ever again. I had even said I probably wouldn’t go to the movies ever again. I’m glad that wasn’t true.

8. Whenever I hear that Rihanna song on the radio, “We fell in love in a hopeless place…”. I keep thinking of The Hunger Games. I wonder if anyone else has thought that — I doubt it.

9. Last Saturday, David & I watched Anger Management. Remember that movie? Adam Sandler, Jack Nicholson? It’s hilarious. Its circa 2003, so I think it’s time you watch it again.

10. Yoga was soooo hard last night! I was in so much pain. I don’t think I was the only one, either. It seemed like the whole class was dying. The only thing that kept  me going was by the time I looked at the clock for the first time (bad yogi), it had already been 35 minutes, thank god! I really dislike leaving a workout and feeling like I did terrible. I felt pretty weak and scared for next week. Maybe it was just an off day…I hope.

kathleen @ the daily crumb January 19, 2012 at 3:40 pm

i loooove green smoothies. especially after coming back from vacation… feels so good to pack the veggies in.

those 12 bad blogger habits are hilarious! thanks for the link πŸ™‚

mexigarian January 19, 2012 at 4:37 pm

Green smoothies pretty much start my day πŸ™‚ Love them. I have always wanted to brew my own beer. Is it hard? And um, my stomach just growled for the burrito. :drool:

Little Ryder is growing up so fast! Take all the pictures you want!

Made in Sonoma January 19, 2012 at 8:40 pm

You can buy kits that make it easy. Once you get into all grain brewing, it’s a little more difficult, but if you read up on it, it’s not bad. πŸ™‚

Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) January 19, 2012 at 6:14 pm

I’m reading Catching Fire now, too! And I think Ryder is the cutest! And last, but not least, I totally violate some of those ‘blogger rules’, but I’m ok with it. I’m a happy, goofy and slightly dorky person who loves emoticons (I can’t help it…), so sue me! πŸ™‚ I did find them entertaining though.

Made in Sonoma January 19, 2012 at 8:39 pm

I definitely do emoticons in e-mails, twitter, fb, whatever, but try not to on the blog. Although, I know I have. Oh well! πŸ™‚

Made in Sonoma January 19, 2012 at 8:44 pm

I should say, I definitely do them in the comments section, obviously…

my little celebration January 19, 2012 at 8:34 pm

haha, fun post! By the way, Rihanna’s song is “We found love in a hopeless place.” But I think it’s more embarrassing that I knew it that well to correct you. {cower}

green smoothies are BOMB! I’m addicted! One ER’day.
Hunger Games fans UNITE!

Made in Sonoma January 19, 2012 at 8:39 pm

haha, either way, it still reminds me of hunger games (weird…) I tend to make up my own lyrics. πŸ™‚

Charissa January 20, 2012 at 12:01 am

I’m about to read “Catching Fire” tonight…very gripping story telling!

Your green smoothie looks fantastic!

Kathryn @ Flopoodle January 20, 2012 at 12:49 am

Haha, swamp bubbles πŸ™‚

Your little boy is growing up!!

Jane January 22, 2012 at 7:21 pm

I feel the same way about The Hunger Games! I was so sad when HP7 came and went! So excited about the movies! And keep the puppy pics coming! I need to live vicariously through you!

Simply Life January 23, 2012 at 1:42 am

I just started reading Hunger Games yesterday and am almost done with the first book- SO intense! I can’t put it down!

Nanny January 23, 2012 at 3:38 pm

I’m getting a little behind with reading your blogs, Ryder is getting so big and cute, does he still go up to see Lexi once in a while?

Made in Sonoma January 24, 2012 at 8:42 pm

Yes, every Tues & Thurs they play together.