Random Thoughts Thursday

by Kelli H. on December 15, 2011

Photo circa 2009

1. Meet Lexi. She loves me, I promise.

2. Finishing my water bottle for the day makes me happy!

3. I’ve had no desire to watch Glee this season. I think I’m over it.

4. I’ve never made granola or baklava.  I’d like to try making both soon.
5. Rant ahead (Beware). I am not going to yoga on Tuesday’s anymore. I can’t stand Tuesday’s instructor. His name is Doug, and Doug is a bully. He does not do the poses himself; rather he walks around the class correcting everyone’s poses. The whole time I worry if he’s going to come over and tell me I’m doing something wrong. Sure enough, I am! In 40 minutes he had come up to me 8 times! He touched me eight times…in 40 minutes. Who does that?! I told Doug that he was disrupting my “zen mood” and he looked at me like he’d never heard such a thing. He told me, “I’m teaching techniques here!” Um…this isn’t ballet class! You don’t need to move my hand 15 degrees because it’s not “perfect”! As you can tell, I was thoroughly annoyed. Bye Doug.
6. I’m bad. I’ve been eating way too many sweets this month. It’s so hard with work receiving so many treats!

7. I’m finally hanging out with my friend, Michelle, on Friday night. We live in the same town, but yet we haven’t hung out since October. #Darnadultlife

Circa 2006
Those are her glasses. We always laugh at this picture.

8. I don’t usually do brew reviews on beers I like to keep stocked.  I was recently reintroduced to Mirror Pond Pale Ale by Deschutes Brewery by my Aunt Shellie. When I tried it before, about a year or two ago, I wasn’t a fan but now I am! I recommend giving it a try. It’s not as hoppy as an IPA, but it has the perfect amount of hops, and it’s so darn smooth.

[source]

9. I think it’s impossible to have a random thoughts thursday post not include a picture of puppy boy. He turned 7 months on Tuesday!

10. There is no 10.

Katie December 15, 2011 at 2:27 pm

Make Baklava. Dooo it! I made this Martha Sewart recipe and it was gooooood good. The thing about Baklava is that it’s not particularly difficult, but can be pricey and time-consuming. Still worth doing though! (If I were really cool, I’d link you to the recipe on my site, but my recipe index needs a little *ahem* work): http://www.marthastewart.com/349649/baklava

Made in Sonoma December 15, 2011 at 2:47 pm

@Katie I think I haven’t made baklava because I don’t have the ingredients on hand. I’ll have to pick it up this weekend. My goal this weekend is to bake baklava now! You talked me into it…

Katie December 15, 2011 at 3:46 pm

woohoo! If you use the MS recipe: I found rose water at our local Indian food shop. Also, I think there might be a video of the segment when they made it. Bon chance et bon courage!

David December 15, 2011 at 4:01 pm

lol. “THERE IS NO NUMBER 10!” That’s funny.
I love that picture of Puppy boy! He’s such a dork! 🙂
Can’t wait to drink the last Mirror Pond tonight after my last class of the semester! Woot!

Errign December 15, 2011 at 4:08 pm

I’m all for correction in yoga, but Doug sounds extreme! Yuck – good for your for saying something to him!

Kristine @ Running on Hungry December 15, 2011 at 4:27 pm

Your dog is SO CUTE! I LOVE baklava, and I agree with you 100% on the Glee thing. I got through about 3 episodes this season and haven’t watched since. I’m not sure what happened but I just can’t do it. Luckily I am now obsessed with New Girl!

Made in Sonoma December 15, 2011 at 4:28 pm

@Kristine @ Running on Hungry
I love New Girl! Luckily, my bf does too, so we get to watch it together. 🙂

Kathryn @ Flopoodle December 15, 2011 at 6:46 pm

What an adorable puppy! My parent’s dog is called Lexi, too! Actually, he’s a boy and his name is Lexington, but that’s to hard to say 😉

Made in Sonoma December 15, 2011 at 6:59 pm

@Kathryn @ Flopoodle
Sometimes I call her Lexington! 🙂

Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers December 15, 2011 at 7:08 pm

a) you are tiny!
b) baklava. send some cross country.
c) Glee’s definitely gotten a bit outlandish lately, hard to stay tuned.
d)one.

mexigarian December 15, 2011 at 7:08 pm

I stopped going to yoga on certain days because of certain instructors too. We just don’t click and, uh, I couldn’t understand one of them. My two favorite instructors have been out for the past two months, so you can guess the last time I went to yoga class was 🙁 And that Lexi picture is awesome. lol

Made in Sonoma December 15, 2011 at 7:23 pm

@mexigarian That’s so unfortunate!

Made in Sonoma December 15, 2011 at 7:24 pm

@Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers
haha, I’m only 5’2″ so I suppose I am.

Aubrey King December 15, 2011 at 8:42 pm

1. You’re supposed to indulge in December
2. Ryder might be the cutest lab i’ve ever seen.

Made in Sonoma December 15, 2011 at 8:46 pm

@Aubrey King 1. I agree but I’m going to Hawaii this month!
2. Sometimes I think he should be a Lab model. You know, be in calendars…

{JANE} December 16, 2011 at 3:39 am

Maybe Doug just likes you 😉 And make baklava! In fact I need to make it again. Its soo yummy!!

Lindsay @ Pinch of Yum December 16, 2011 at 4:39 am

Your puppy boy is precious. I’m a tad jealous.