Shaved Brussels, Broccoli, & Almond Salad

by Kelli H. on November 18, 2011

This is a great fall salad!

This salad will make you feel so healthy and you’ll be happy you’re eating healthy. Healthy has never tasted so good. When I saw this recipe on Aubrey’s blog, italktofood, I knew I had to make it. I have a food sensitivity to cheese and last week I had indulged and it cost me. Unfortunately, I had a headache for 2 days and knew I needed to eat more fresh foods. This was just what the doctor ordered! Thank you, Aubrey, for creating such a delicious salad.

I had to change a couple things up because Whole Foods does not sell golden raisins. What gives?! I used Thompson raisins but after I ate it I realized I would love to use craisins. That way, I could also say it’s a holiday salad. You could bring it to a family dinner as a holiday cold salad — perfect! Or you could just enjoy it for lunch like I did.

Shaved Brussels, Broccoli, & Almond Salad
Adapted by italktofood

2 cups brussel sprouts, finely chopped
2 cups broccoli, finely chopped
3 T raisins or craisins <—– would be bomb!
1/3 cup sliced almonds
1 t mustard
1 T honey
1/2 t salt
2 T olive oil
1 t red wine vinegar

1. In a large bowl or tupperware combine brussels, broccoli, raisins/craisins, and almonds.
2. In a small bowl make dressing by combining mustard, honey, salt, and red wine vinegar. Whisk in olive oil. Pour dressing over veggies, stir, and let sit in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.

Are you a fan of brussels?

Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers November 18, 2011 at 4:22 pm

Mmmm, that does look good! Sorry about the cheese – major bummer.

Kim @ Eat, Live, and Blog November 18, 2011 at 6:33 pm

I’m not a fan of brussel sprouts at all. Maybe I just ate a bad one, but I’m willing to give it another try. 🙂

Made in Sonoma November 18, 2011 at 6:36 pm

@Kim @ Eat, Live, and Blog
I am always reminded of that book I read when I was a kid when I have brussel sprouts. It had evil brussel sprouts in it or something…haha.

Aubrey King November 18, 2011 at 8:02 pm

It looks beautiful! Thank you for mentioning me in the post 🙂

Katie November 18, 2011 at 8:54 pm

I love brussel sprouts! I’ve never shaved them, they look so good – thanks for the yummy looking recipe!

Errign November 20, 2011 at 7:28 pm

LOVE Brussels sprouts – always have, which I know is a bit weird… 🙂

mexigarian November 22, 2011 at 6:25 pm

Yes. Brussel sprouts somehow made it’s way into my heart one curious day at Trader Joe’s and we have never looked back. I especially love a little bit of char on them when I roast or saute them. Mmmm.

Shellie September 9, 2012 at 1:28 am

I made this recipe the other day. I came home from work and ran out of time for it to sit in the fridge so, I decided to take it and saute it instead. OMG was it good…the flavors warm with the craisins & sauce were fantastic! I ate it for lunch the next day cold and it was still so good.

Thanks for the great recipes Kel!!