Birthday!

by Kelli H. on November 8, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NANNY!
So glad I could celebrate with you! Have a great day today! Love you!
Last weekend we celebrated my Nanny’s birthday by taking a limo out to Bodega Bay and driving along Hwy 1. The trip along Hwy 1 made a few us feel quite sick with all those turns but all in all it was still a fun day! Here are a few photos. We stopped at Rocker Oysterfeller’s in Valley Ford for drinks and appetizers (YUM!) and Lucas Wharf in Bodega Bay for dinner. We went back to my Nanny’s for dessert. I had made her a tiramisu cake per her request but silly me didn’t take a photo! I did take a photo this morning of the last piece. I had to eat it! It was too lonely sitting in the fridge by its lonesome self. I used The Galley Gourmet’s recipe and it was great! This may be my favorite cake now. It’s so light I can eat 2 pieces! I can never do that and I know I shouldn’t, but since I can, I will!

Do you like bloody mary’s?
That was my mom’s but I wish I had ordered one. It was soooo good!

katvetrano November 8, 2011 at 3:23 pm

Cute photos! Bloody Marys are fabulous…I like them with gin better though (and maybe a squirt of sriracha…)

David November 8, 2011 at 4:37 pm

That cake was amazing!! Too bad you ate the last piece and didn’t save me any!

I’m not much of a Bloody Mary fan… I’ll stick to BEER if given the choice. :)

That was a super fun day though! My first time in a limo. haha.

Nanny November 8, 2011 at 5:49 pm

What a great birthday I had, the Limo, food, drinks and especially the cake were perfect, thank you all!

my little celebration November 8, 2011 at 6:43 pm

fun times!! AND awesome cake. I’ve never had a bloody mary!

Maren November 8, 2011 at 10:45 pm

HAHA loving that limo. Is that zebra print on the ceiling I see?

Made in Sonoma November 8, 2011 at 10:50 pm

@Maren
Oh yah! Straight from Vegas! Seriously…lol.

Errign November 9, 2011 at 1:11 am

I do actually enjoy Bloody Mary’s and I haven’t had one in quite some time. That was actually the first drink I ordered legally, and it was weird because I was 18 and on a plane to Ireland, hehe.

Made in Sonoma November 9, 2011 at 2:00 am

@Errign
Very cool!

Aunt Shellie November 11, 2011 at 4:38 am

I never liked or ever ordered a Bloody Mary before this trip but those were pretty good. Did you know a dirty Mary is made with my fav…Tequila…I am going to try one on our next outing.

The cake was great and I did have two pieces that night!!!

Shana December 5, 2011 at 2:53 pm

Absolutely silly thing to comment on, but my boyfriend has that same skull shirt from Shirt Woot. We live in Santa Rosa too and I can’t believe how many guys there are walking around with that shirt on.

Anyway, I’ve been meaning to make it out to Rocker Oysterfeller’s for a while now. What did you think?

Made in Sonoma December 5, 2011 at 3:06 pm

@Shana
So funny you commented today because he’s wearing that shirt today!

I really liked Rocker Oysterfellers. I actually want to go back soon. I only had drinks and appetizers though. The drinks were really good!

Shana December 6, 2011 at 2:48 pm

@Made in Sonoma

Hahaha. I actually really don’t like the shirt, and I was giving him a hard time after he bought it, but now since he has seen so many other people running around with the shirt on I’ve had to lay off him.

Good to know about Rocker Oysterfeller’s! I’ll have to check them out!