I’ve mentioned before that my Dad loves to fish. Well, luckily, so do his friends. Last Monday one of his friends dropped him off two huge pieces of fresh salmon (with the bones removed!). He asked if I’d like one of them and of course I do not turn down fresh fish.
I came across this recipe looking for baked salmon recipes. It was raining that night and I didn’t want to do it on the barbeque. This recipe turned out to be so incredibly simple as well as incredibly flavorful. I will definitely be making salmon like this for years and years to come.
Also, I’ve become obsessed with my new app, Pixlr-o-matic, for android. I’m in love with instagram on the iPhone but unfortunately, I do not have an iPhone so this is a close 2nd. Sorry if most of my pictures are camera phone pictures for a while until the novelty wears off.
kosher salt and pepper
4 lemon slices
Lemon Caper Butter (recipe follows)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick spray.
3. Place salmon fillets on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Place lemon slices on top of fillet. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove and cover with aluminum foil for 10 more minutes. Fish will continue to cook during this time. It should flake easily when done.
4. Remove lemon slices. Gently slide a spatula between the skin and the flesh of the fillet to remove the skin. Transfer fillet to a serving platter and spoon lemon caper butter over the top.
Lemon Caper Butter
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons capers drained and rinsed (I prefer not rinsed)
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
juice of 1/2 of a lemon
kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
1. In a small sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat.
2. Once butter has melted add garlic, capers, lemon zest and lemon juice. Cook for 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.