Chocolate Chip PB Oat Cookies

by Kelli H. on July 22, 2011

Do you ever have a craving for something sweet after dinner but don’t have anything on hand? Ugh, I do! I hardly keep any sweets in my house since I have a major sweet tooth. Usually that helps me from ingesting tons of sweets on a nightly basis.  Certain times during the month though I can’t help it and I must have dessert. I came across the perfect recipe because it is SO simple and easy to make. PLUS, it only makes about a dozen so I don’t have to worry about having 3 dozen cookies in my house.

A look into the bowl..oh so simple – I love it!
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Oat Cookies
1.25 C oats
1/4 C sugar
1/4 C peanut butter
1/2 t baking powder
1 egg
2 T softened butter
1/2 C chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl until dough is blended evenly.
3. Let dough cool in the refrigerator for about 15-20 minutes
4. Place cookies on cookie sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
You don’t have to follow step 3 but if you don’t the cookies will be more difficult to form a nice shape.
What’s your favorite on hand dessert?
I love a little piece of dark chocolate but I also love on movie nights when I make a big bowl of popcorn (no, not microwave, the real stuff!).

thecookieboss July 22, 2011 at 10:45 pm

Mmmm those cookies look good! My favorite on hand dessert is frozen yogurt.

ittybitsofbalance.com July 23, 2011 at 10:03 am

So glad you commented on my blog because it brought me to yours 😀

My favorite on hand dessert (of the day haha) is definitely my Cheesecake Bars that I just posted on my page! I’ve had far too many :X

Made in Sonoma July 23, 2011 at 3:56 pm

@ittybitsofbalance.com
so jealous! I would love to eat too many of those. haha.

Errgn July 23, 2011 at 6:10 pm

I think fresh popped popcorn is my absolute favorite!

Kelsey July 24, 2011 at 1:52 am

peanut butter and oats- you cant go wrong with that combination! i love oat cookies because of the texture..but with peanut butter, i would love it more!! good job!

xoxo <3

Janelle July 25, 2011 at 3:42 am

I was so happy be able to sample these. I don’t think I told you but I think it is now my favorite cookie… besides chocolate chip..
I agree with Errgn, I’ll take fresh popcorn, especially from the organic farm as my favorite and always “on hand” dessert.

Made in Sonoma July 25, 2011 at 3:45 am

@Janelle
wow, i’m glad you liked them so much! I still need to try that popcorn from the farm. Was it amazing?

Kristen @ notsodomesticated July 25, 2011 at 11:26 am

Glad you liked these cookies!! I guess we can all thank Tina at Carrots and Cake because I got the original recipe from her, then I added the chocolate chips, and now you like them, too! This is why blogs are great… you get to share fun ideas!

runningonhungry.com July 26, 2011 at 3:03 am

Oh YUM those look good!! My fave flavor combinations too!

foodiesloveoatmeal July 30, 2011 at 10:55 pm

Those look AMAZING!! Have you ever trued subbing the butter for apple sauce and sugar for agave or honey? It makes them so moist:)