For Mother’s Day I wanted to try a new dessert. There are just so many tempting recipes online that I can’t pass up trying new ones for every event. This one was a winner! Pretty simple and requires no oven – I’m in! I will definitely be bringing this one to some more family get-togethers in the future. I found this recipe at Joy The Baker and hardly changed a thing. I recommend finding a reason to make this tart as soon as possible. Everyone will thank you.
No-Bake Peanut Butter Tart
Adapted from Joy The Baker
For the Crust:
12 double graham crackers
6 T unsalted butter, melted
pinch of salt
For the Filling:
1 3/4 cups heavy cream, divided
1 cup natural peanut butter
3/4 (6 ounces) cup cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup plus 2 Tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
2 T powdered sugar
1 t vanilla
honey roasted peanuts, small handful
1. In a food processor process the graham crackers until there are no larger pieces and are all small crumbs. Add the melted butter and salt and combine. Pour the graham cracker mixture into the bottom of a 9 inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Press mixture around the sides and evenly on the bottom. Place the tart pan in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
2. To make the filling use an food processor or an electric mixer with the paddle attachment. Combine the peanut butter, cream cheese, and sweetened condensed milk. Mix until thoroughly incorporated but make sure not to over mix.
3. In a separate bowl mix 3/4 c heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add the whipped cream to the peanut butter mixture and fold to combine.
4. Remove the tart pan from the freezer and fill with the peanut butter filling. Spread evenly.
5. Whip up the remaining heavy cream with the powdered sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form and add to the top of the tart. Spread evenly over the top.
6. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Top with chopped honey roasted peanuts.